[personal profile] imafarmgirl
In the Night

In the night
I seek asylum
From the troubles
Of the day.
Dreams chase in circles,
Mapping out reality
And remembrances of times passed by.
I see all tomorrows,
As I sleep,
Waiting in the silence,
For the options of my path
To be made clear.
In the night,
I lie awake
Waiting for prayers
Of loved ones,
Disliked ones,
Unknown ones,
And forgotten ones,
To drift
Through my heart.
Then hands.
Then to
The Creator of us all.
In the night,
I wait for peace.
It comes,
But only with my deep breathing,
Contemplative sipping of water,
Or the wonders of an engaging
Audio book.
In the night,
I am me.
I am,
Who I was born as.
I am my name.
I whisper it,
In the darkness,
To Grandmother moon,
And to the stars.
In the night,
And all throughout my existence,
I am,
Woman Who Dreams,
And I will know you,
As we rest,
In the night.

Date: 2026-09-19 04:26 pm (UTC)
humanbeansradio: (Default)
From: [personal profile] humanbeansradio
I really loved the sense of night as a place where you can come back to yourself. I feel that. “Woman Who Dreams” is lovely. ❤️

Date: 2026-09-20 01:57 pm (UTC)
humanbeansradio: (Default)
From: [personal profile] humanbeansradio
Yes, every time someone asks my name they then stare at me blankly when I say it. Anglicized seems to be more palatable for the regular folk. :D

(says Koga Agehya Anidonav) LOL

Date: 2026-09-19 05:38 pm (UTC)
adoptedwriter: (Default)
From: [personal profile] adoptedwriter
This is beautiful! 🤩

Date: 2026-09-19 06:50 pm (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
I think the idea that in the night we can simply be ourselves feels true. It's a chance for us to remove the masks that we wear in public and simply be.

Date: 2026-09-19 06:52 pm (UTC)
simplyn2deep: (autumn pumpkin)
From: [personal profile] simplyn2deep
This has such a peaceful rhythm to it, even though the night itself isn’t entirely peaceful. I liked how nighttime becomes the place where everything seems to arrive at once: memories, possibilities, worries, prayers for all kinds of people, and yet it’s also where the speaker slowly finds their way back to stillness through little things like breathing, sipping water, or getting absorbed in an audiobook.

The ending was especially beautiful to me. There’s something powerful about the progression from all those outside thoughts and voices to simply, “In the night, I am me.” And I loved the image of whispering their name to Grandmother Moon and the stars before naming themselves “Woman Who Dreams.” It makes the night feel less like darkness to escape and more like a sacred space where the speaker can reconnect with who they are. ❤️

Date: 2026-09-19 09:55 pm (UTC)
bsgsix: (Default)
From: [personal profile] bsgsix
"In the night, I am me."

You know, that seems like a simple statement, but it's not. There is a peace to being one's authentic self at night, where so few people can see. And if you can authentic with yourself, that's the thing that matters most.

I also love the moon as "Grandmother Moon" - I fully understand that sentiment, of love and respect and watchfulness.

This is lovely and well-written. Thank you for sharing this so openly! <3

Date: 2026-09-21 05:36 am (UTC)
halfshellvenus: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus
I liked the use of refrain here, and the thoughtfulness of this poem. When the world is quiet and we're trying to make our bodies and minds quiet, sometimes we connect with our truest self.

Date: 2026-09-21 08:38 pm (UTC)
penpusher: (Default)
From: [personal profile] penpusher
I liked this a lot - the immediacy and the incongruency of the unknown and how the elements of routine try to alleviate it all. There is always somethinng mysterious, promising, dangerous, in our most vulnerable positions and that's captured so tidily, here.

Date: 2026-09-22 11:59 am (UTC)
ofearthandstars: A single tree underneath the stars (Default)
From: [personal profile] ofearthandstars
I lie awake
Waiting for prayers
Of loved ones,
Disliked ones,
Unknown ones,
And forgotten ones,
To drift
Through my heart.
Then hands.
Then to
The Creator of us all.


I really enjoyed the sentiment of this, it reminds me of a bodhisattva, or perhaps a being who wants to hold the world and heal it. ♥

Date: 2026-09-22 05:45 pm (UTC)
commodityfetishx: (Default)
From: [personal profile] commodityfetishx
i'm happy to read a poem in idol! tbh it was very hard to read because your layout is very narrow (at least on my laptop, not sure if for everyone), it's like 100pixels wide so it only fits a word or two per line, sometimes less if it's a long word like "remembrance" doesn't fit. i didn't even realize it was a poem until i read the comments that said it was & then made the window full screen because it's all just smooshed into an inch wide space. might be something to look into changing for ease of reading.

Date: 2026-09-23 05:23 am (UTC)
singedsun: cate blanchett in a pink suit and sunglasses (Default)
From: [personal profile] singedsun
I love this, I'm a sucker for poetry about night and sleep and dreams, so you got me for sure. "Woman Who Dreams" is a great phrase.

Date: 2026-09-25 11:03 pm (UTC)
purplepetrichor: (Default)
From: [personal profile] purplepetrichor
This was lovely!

Date: 2026-09-26 04:41 am (UTC)
muchtooarrogant: (Default)
From: [personal profile] muchtooarrogant
You portray night as such a fascinating place, a refuge from daytime concerns, but also a place where so many things are discovered. It was always a time of reading for me as well, and sometimes outside exploring, although I'd have to be careful not to be locked out when I returned. :)

Dan

Date: 2026-09-26 03:14 pm (UTC)
lapis_lazuli615: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lapis_lazuli615
Ah. I, too, avoid bedtime - but mine's just the ADHD. :)

Date: 2026-09-27 02:57 am (UTC)
onda_bianca: (Default)
From: [personal profile] onda_bianca
I actually relate to this feeling about night quite well, sometimes when I am most at peace.


I loved "Woman Who Dreams"

Date: 2026-09-27 12:52 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] krispykritter
This is beautiful!
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 01:11 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios